Carlsbad CA— The rest of the country may be in the middle of a deep freeze, but Carlsbad, California is in bloom. Petal to Plate by Visit Carlsbad is 10-day celebration of fine flowers, food, and drink for your April calendars.
The city of Carlsbad will focus on all things floral from April 5 to April 15, 2018 and will host five events and seven specials in venues throughout the city. Guests are invited to tour the flower fields and enjoy the delights of spring back in town with participating bars, restaurants, and spas.
Chefs, mixologists and wellness specialists across Carlsbad are planting the seeds of their creative sides for Petal to Plate 2018, and are taking inspiration from violets, lavender, hibiscus, tangerine flower, Passion flower, pansies, chamomile, rose, elderflower, and even pollen to delight the senses in this year’s edition. Offerings already announced include a lunch special at Argyle Steakhouse at Park Hyatt Aviara, garden tours and aromatherapy treatments and craft floral cocktails at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, variations on the reputable repertoire of seafood, pastas and succulent steak at Vigalucci’s Steak & Seafood, sea-side Fleur de Fizz cocktails at Chandler’s Restaurant at Cape Rey, Passion Flower Sugar Scrubs at Ocean Crest Spa, floral-inspired libation from mixologist Leigh Lacap at Campfire Restaurant & Bar, as well as Hibiscus Coconut Shrimp Ceviche and other delightfully spring-fresh creations from the team at Twenty/20 Grill at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa.
Below is a highlight of events happening through the month of April:
- Wednesday, April 4: Preview Petal to Plate Tasting Event (Downtown Carlsbad Village). Shop with local chefs and mixologists at Carlsbad’s Farmer’s Market for fresh flowers and other ingredients that will be featured in Petal to Plate culinary creations, and enjoy a preview tasting with the Visit Carlsbad team. Details to follow here.
- Thursday, April 5 – Sunday, April 15: Petal to Plate by Visit Carlsbad (various venues throughout Carlsbad). After visiting The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch, guests are invited to enjoy offerings from seven participating restaurants, bars, and wellness establishments.
- Friday, April 6 and Friday, April 13: Sunset Wine Tasting & Food (The Flower Fields). An intimate culinary experience unfolds with wine and bites paired with the songs of live musical artists. Enjoy the sun as it sets on the fields with this after-hours event. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Thursday, April 12: Fashion, Flowers and Fido (The Flower Fields). Join the Flower Fields Foundation, Simon Youth Foundation, and Rancho Coastal Humane Society for an evening fashion show with designs from Carlsbad Premium Outlet retailers accompanied by Rancho Coastal Humane Society adoptable dogs modeling dog fashion. Food and drink provided by local breweries, restaurants, bakeries and more. Tickets $25 in advance and $30 at the door. More info here.
- Sunday, April 15: Canon Photography Workshop (The Flower Fields). On the final day of Petal to Plate 2018, guests are invited to celebrate and savor the beauty of The Flower Fields with expert Stacey Lynne Foster at photography workshops running from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., including Intro to Macro Photography, Fun With Flash, Print Like A Pro, Photo Walks and Family Portraits. Fun activities will be offered along with loaner cameras all day and guests can enjoy free printing from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. More info here.