Oceanside CA— Presented annually to graduating high school seniors seeking to further their education in theatre, music, or dance, based upon their experience, contributions to their performing arts program, and a teacher recommendation. To be considered for this award, student applicants from North County San Diego must submit a typed 1-2 page application, which includes the following information:
- Name, current telephone number, and mailing address, email address, name of high school
- High school coursework in the performing arts, including completed and current
- Additional outside or extracurricular performing arts experience
- Future educational and career goals
- How this scholarship would benefit and/or assist the applicant.
- Why this scholarship should be awarded to the applicant.
Additionally, applicants must include a Letter of Recommendation from their high school performing arts instructor, and a video tape/ or DVD of the applicant’s performance. The video recording should be no longer than five minutes, and should showcase the applicant’s best efforts. Participants are asked to make sure their music, dance, or dramatic presentation underscores their talents and shows performers at their best. The camera should be focused on the performer rather than a large group. The organization will not accept audio CDs as its members need to see performances.
Students are advised not to use YouTube, because the web distortion will not show them to their best advantage.
Submit Scholarship package to Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, PO Box 3054, Oceanside, CA, 92051. Application deadline is Friday, April 30, 2018.
For questions email to firstname.lastname@example.org