Predictability On This One is Easy
By Tom Morrow
I can predict the future over the next few months until Election Day:
- What’s left of 2019, Congress will diddle around over a number of issues, accomplishing nothing.
- The DACA (Dreamers) issue will be dangling right up to November.
- Since giving away the farm (income tax cut), the Republicans stutter and stammer around trying to figure out how to pay for infrastructure.
- The Democrats figure if they can obstruct the Republicans and President Trump until Election Day, they’ll secure more of the Hispanic voters over immigration and Dreamers issues.
- “The Wall” has become an empty issue and won’t be built much further.
- In the Election, Democrats will take back the House and probably the Senate.
- Impeachment procedures will be put in place against Trump by Democrats.
- After the Election, if the Dems are successful, nothing Trump proposes will be considered, plus he’ll veto everything Congress sends to him.
- Toll roads and .25-cent gas tax to pay for infrastructure won’t work. Toll bridges? That only works in Oceanside, California.
- Love him or hate him, Trump will continue to be a political lightning rod.
But, then again … I could be wrong.
CEZ CECIL — The pun — an inane remark someone thinks of before you do — is mightier than the sword. – Cecil Scaglione, Mature Life Features
FIND ‘UM – You can order any of my novels online at Amazon.com. For a list, just look for my name.
Humorous or human-interest stories or notes for my osidenews.com column can be forwarded via e-mail to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org