Pomona CA— Mecum’s Los Angeles 2018 collector-car auction held this past weekend in California at Fairplex at Pomona achieved $9 million in overall sales totals, with the top 10 highest sellers heavily populated by modern supercars and a handful of classic beauties.
A 2006 Ford GT in white with blue racing stripes topped all sales at $327,250, followed by a menacing matte-black 2016 Lamborghini Huracan boasting a Vorsteiner Novara Kit that brought $236,500. One of just 36 built with the dual-quad 354 Hemi engine, a rare and largely unheard of 1958 Facel Vega FV4 Typhoon came in as the auction’s third-highest seller at $214,500. Other top sellers included two Ferrari California Spyders, a 1959 Porsche 356, an Aston Martin Vanquish and a 1968 Shelby GT350 Fastback, to name a few.
The complete top 10 sales at the Mecum Los Angeles 2018 auction include:
- 2006 Ford GT (Lot S89.1) at $327,250
- 2016 Lamborghini Huracan (Lot F123) at $236,500
- 1958 Facel Vega FV4 Typhoon (Lot S92.1) at $214,500
- 1959 Porsche 356 (Lot S215) at $200,200
- 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish (Lot S64.1) at $140,250
- 1959 Volkswagen 23-Window Samba Bus (Lot S187) at $137,500
- 2010 Ferrari California Spyder (Lot S180.1) at $115,500
- 2012 Ferrari California Spyder (Lot S150.1) at $112,750
- 1968 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot S130) at $99,000
- 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo SE (Lot S211) at $99,000
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next auction will be this March 16-17 in Kansas City, Missouri, with a 700-vehicle offering, followed by the April 5-7 auction in Houston, Texas, featuring 1,000 classic and collector cars currently headlined by a private collection of 60 vehicles to be offered at no reserve. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.