Encinitas CA— Action sports athletes are a different breed. The new school, if you will. They repel fear and embrace passion.It’s the passion for what they do which drives them on a daily basis. Sure, dangers of injury in action sports are at a higher level than traditional sports, but you can’t shake off the magic drive that passion seemsto deliver.
Athletes such as MX/SX rider Jessy Nelson, wakeboarder Ben LeClair, BMX riders Scotty Cranmer and Sam Willoughby, have all sustained life changing injuries and with the help of Road 2 Recovery, they still have that focus and drive.
Snowmobile Freestyle athlete Colten Moore has not only endured a life changing injury, but he’s dealt with the death of his older brother and mentor, Caleb Moore. Caleb died after sustaining an injury at the 2013 Winter X Games in Aspen, Colorado. Colten continued on for his brother winning the Gold Medal in Snowmobile Freestyle the following year. He truly believes his brother was riding with him.
In 2017, Colten attempted the double backflip in the Best Trick competition. His attempt looked great but he landed a bit far down the landing. With such a lengthy fall, he dislocated his T10 vertebra, in turn, bruising his spinal cord. Initially, Colten couldn’t move his legs. The feeling and movement came back fairly quickly, but he was left with limited calf strength and a few other complications.
With the help of InMotion Rehab in Plano, TX, Colten has made an unheard of recovery where 95% of his calf strength has returned. He plans to race his Polaris RZR this year along with riding his quad on the Nitro Circus tour.
Thanks to Road 2 Recovery, Polaris RZR, donations from his friends and fans, and nothing short of a miracle, Colten has been able to obtain the rehab necessary to bring him back to almost 100% health.
Polaris seems to go far beyond what any other UTV company does to help lives. From donating RZR’s to military heroes & those in need, to giving a RZR Turbo – Fox Edition to help Colten’s cause, Polaris is a true class act. In fact, all of Colten’s sponsors quickly stepped up with product to put together a RZR Turbo worth over $40,000 to be awarded in a “sweepstakes” with the winner to be drawn in early December. What a Christmas present this would make while benefiting a great cause.
Please go to https://r2rpolarissweepstake.com/ to enter to win an incredible machine.
You can also enter the sweepstakes by stopping by the R2R booth at any of the below events.
Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series:
- Utah Motorsports Campus, Tooele UT- August 24th – 25th
- Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernardino, CA- September 21st – 23rd
- Sand Sports Super Show- Costa Mesa, Ca- September 14th – 16th
- OffRoad Expo- Pomona, Ca- September 29th – 30th
- Camp RZR – Glamis, CA – Halloween Weekend
**if you know of a great event for this unit to be seen at, please contact us!
Included upgrades by sponsors:
- Crash Addict Industries: Roll Cage, Front and Rear Bumpers
- Pro Armor: Doors, Harnesses, Steering Wheel and Hub
- SSV Works / Kicker Audio: Sound System
- Bikeman Performance: Exhaust System
- HiPer by Weld: Wheels
- GBC Motorsports: TerraMaster Tires
- PRP: Seats
- Rugged Radios: Intercom & Communication System
- Factory UTV: UHMW Skid Plate
- SSi Decals: Full Wrap
- Buggy Whip: LED Lighted Whips
- Assault Industries: Mirrors and Whip Mounts
- Rockstar Energy Drink: 12 cases of the winners favorite flavor and numerous items
- UTVUnderground.com: Booth Space at the UTV World Championship
- Wolfpack – added cosmetics & help with installations
- Axia Alloys – Fire Extinguisher & quick release
The Road 2 Recovery Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that was founded in 2000, and is dedicated to helping AMA licensed Professional Motocross/Supercross riders and Action Sports Athletes with financial assistance if they sustain career-ending injuries as well as providing motivational, emotional, and spiritual support to these individuals and their families. To make a donation click here. For more information on Road 2 Recovery and upcoming events