San Clemente CA— Five specially selected coastal gardens will be showcased during the 2018 San Clemente Garden Tour on Saturday, May 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The annual self-guided garden tour in the beautiful “Spanish Village by the Sea includes complimentary “tasty bites” prepared by local food purveyors. The gardens may be visited in any order; flutter flags and signage will herald each location.
- North San Clemente, Harbor Estates area – the front garden features coastal natives and butterfly friendly plantings. In the back are three dry water wells, decking, a planted slope, arbor, and perimeter garden with native plants.
- Forster Ranch, El Encanto area – the front area of this garden features native and drought tolerant plantings, fishtail palms, a dry creek for water harvesting and a rain barrel. The back of the property has a tropical feel with a number of palm varieties, pool, fireplace and seating area.
- Forster Ranch, Tocayo Hills – This home has white roses, three large strawberry trees, olive trees and a beautiful urn in the front garden area. Behind the home is a covered patio and fireplace, boxwood hedges framing formal terraced gardens with roses and lavender, with an arbor, a fire pit, a Mediterranean style pergola, grape vineyard and olive trees.
- Talega, Sabella development – Terraced succulent beds with stone and agaves frame the front of this garden. In the rear there are 25 fruit trees, raised vegetable beds, a fire pit, fountain, patio seating area, tortoises and an iguana.
- Southeast San Clemente, Presidio area – The side garden features a planted retaining wall, water feature, a variety of palm and other trees, a seating area with potted succulents and citrus trees, and a Zen/tropical sanctuary. The rear garden boasts a koi pond, waterfall, bar area, perimeter plantings with a wide variety of plants, and seating areas to enjoy the coastal views.
“Each garden was carefully selected to deliver ideas and inspiration for all of us who love to create beautiful gardens and provide a memorable day touring delightful outdoor spaces while enjoying delicious tastings created by local businesses,” said Teresa Whitney, President of the San Clemente Garden Club.
The complimentary tastings at the 2018 San Clemente Garden Tour are created and sponsored by:
Always Inn San Clemente B&B/Always Spice Catering
177 Avenida Cabrillo, San Clemente 92672
949.374.4944, email@example.com, alwaysinn.com
1421 N. El Camino Real, San Clemente 92672
949.492.8480, firstname.lastname@example.org, caferae.com
156 Avenida Del Mar, San Clemente 92672
The Fisherman’s Restaurant & Bar
611 Avenida Victoria, San Clemente 92672
Sprouts Farmers Market
550 Camino De Estrella C, San Clemente 92672
Sugar Blossom Bake Shop
204 Avenida Del Mar, San Clemente 92672
949.429.5555, email@example.com, sugarblossombakeshop.com
Advance tickets are available through May 18, 2018 for $30 each or four for $100. Tour tickets with garden directions will be mailed. To order tickets, visit sanclementegardenclub.com and pay online with PayPal or download the ticket order form, complete and mail with check payable to San Clemente Garden Club to: 2018 SCGC Garden Tour, Attention: Bette Langford, 102 Calle Cuervo, San Clemente, CA 92672.
Tickets purchased on May 19 at any of the gardens cost $40 each. Proceeds from this annual fundraiser support the SCGC Scholarship Fund, civic beautification, school gardens and numerous conservation organizations.
The tour will take place rain or shine; no refunds. Gardens are not wheelchair accessible or suitable for small children. Wear comfortable shoes.
For more information about SCGC’s Garden Tour on May 19, visit sanclementegardenclub.com or Facebook. For questions call Event Chairman KK Ciruli at (949) 547-8484/email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Bette Langford at (949) 498-3317/email: email@example.com.
The San Clemente Garden Club, a charitable organization founded in 1951, is part of the California Garden Clubs, Inc. and National Garden Clubs, Inc. The group meets on the first Wednesday of each month.