InterGalactiCon speakers to cover a universe of topics from gaming to cosplay
Speaker panels will promise no lines and a more intimate fan experience
San Diego CA— What does a Babylon 5 actress, a martial arts filmmaker and the creator of the Death Star all have in common? The three will join a lineup of panelists from all walks of the galaxy at San Diego’s inaugural fandom convention, InterGalactiCon.
On June 15, the smaller, more intimate con will welcome all tribes of fandom to explore an array of speaker panels and exhibits to their nerdy heart’s delight. According to InterGalactiCon founder Steve “Captain” Kirk, the premiere convention allows fans to interact with speakers and exhibits like never before.
“InterGalactiCon speaker panels will be extremely accessible to fans. Our celebrity speakers will interact with attendees throughout the entire con, which is something you just don’t get at traditional conventions,” says Kirk. “Fans will get to learn about the making of iconic Star Wars vehicles and hear behind-the-scenes secrets about their favorite sci-fi shows in an intimate setting with true artists.”
InterGalactiCon speakers include, but are not limited to:
- Claudia Christian – Long-time Hollywood actress known for her role as Commander Susan Ivanova in “Babylon 5.” Christian continues to lend her distinctive voice to the award winning Anne Manx series, Disney’s Atlantis and some of the biggest games in the world including Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Halo and Fallout 4.
- Colin Cantwell – Cantwell was the original concept artist and modeler for all things that flew in the first Star Wars movie, “A New Hope.” His designs include the X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Death Star, Star Destroyer, original Millennium Falcon, Y-Wing and more. Cantwell’s Star Destroyer design was used to design the Arrestor Cruiser in the upcoming SOLO: A Star Wars Story movie.
- Colin Ferguson and Niall Matter – Ferguson and Matter appeared on the popular, sci-fi television series “Eureka.” Both actors have starred in other television shows such as “The Vampire Diaries,” “Supernatural” and “The Good Doctor.”
- Noah Fleder – Fleder is a life-long taekwondo martial artist and distinguished indie film director and producer, heading Force Storm Entertainment. He is also a Hollywood entertainment industry stuntman and actor.
- Ryan Schneider – Schneider has led dozens of AAA video game launches across multiple platforms spanning from PS One through virtual reality. Prior to his current role as chief brand officer at Insomniac Games, Schneider represented several major brands such as HP, Sony and T-Mobile.
Between speaker panels, fans can also peruse an array of exhibits channeling all levels of geek including anime, comic book art, lightsaber demonstrations and more.
InterGalactiCon will be held at the Town and Country Resort and Convention Center in Mission Valley on June 15 and 16, 2018. All access passes range from $50-90. Passes for younglings, children twelve and under, are $10. Learn more at intergalacticonsd.com.