Carlsbad CA– The City of Carlsbad is hosting Janell Cannon: Stellaluna in honor of the 25th anniversary of the popular picture book. The exhibit will be on display from July 1 through Aug. 19 at William D. Cannon Art Gallery, located at the Carlsbad City Library complex at 1775 Dove Lane. Admission is free.
At a Glance
• Stellaluna is Carlsbad author and illustrator Janell Cannon’s story of a lost young fruit bat.
• The exhibit presents all of Ms. Cannon’s original artwork created for the book.
• The Carlsbad Friends of the Arts is hosting a free opening reception on June 30 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Cannon Art Gallery.
• Attendees are invited to visit Ms. Cannon working on a new painting in the Gallery on Fridays from 1 to 3 p.m.
• A TGIF Family Open Studios with Ms. Cannon is scheduled for July 13 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Poinsettia Community Park, located at 6600 Hidden Valley Rd. Participation is free.
• A special Searching for Stellaluna event is scheduled for Aug. 18 from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Gowland Meeting Room and Gallery. The event includes a book signing and presentation by Ms. Cannon and a book reading with harpist Charissa Berger.
• William D. Cannon Art Gallery is open Tuesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.
The William D. Cannon Art Gallery is a program of City of Carlsbad’s Library & Cultural Arts. Family Open Studios are generously funded by the Carlsbad Friends of the Arts. For more information, contact Karen McGuire at 760-602-2022 or email@example.com.