Del Mar CA—Spending the Fourth of July at the San Diego County Fair is going to be a blast – in addition to a parade, patriotic costume contest and entertainment galore, you’ll be treated to a spectacular fireworks show! Haven’t been to the Fair yet this year? Don’t miss out – we’re only open six more days until the Fair closes July 4.
Fair admission gives you access to all of these patriotic events, in addition to countless fun-filled Fair activities:
Hometown Heroes Parade: Every Fourth of July celebration needs a colorful parade! Ours starts at 1 p.m. at the main entrance (O’brien gate) and heads down the Avenue to the Fun Zone. You’ll see decorated floats, many of your favorite Fair performers and nearly 100 Hometown Heroes nominated by our community for their service as teachers, volunteers and first responders.
Most Patriotic Contest: Let’s see all that red white and blue! Show us your stars and stripes when you enter our Most Patriotic Costume Contest. The most creative costumes will win ribbons at this fun event, happening at 2 p.m. on the Paddock Stage and at 3:30 p.m. at Cupcake Contest Corner.
Fireworks Spectacular: Not long after Mother Nature’s own spectacular sunset show, fairgoers will be treated to a kaleidoscope of colors in one of San Diego’s signature fireworks shows that includes more than 3,600 aerial display counts with 500 shells in the grand finale alone! Fireworks are launched at 9 p.m. from the west end of the racetrack and are choreographed to a soundtrack played through the Corona Grandstand Stage sound system. The fireworks are visible from many areas of the fairgrounds, with favorite viewing areas including reserved grandstand seating on the 2nd, 4th and terrace levels, as well as Family Funville and the Fun Zone.
Purchasing a reserved ticket in the grandstand (available at www.sdfair.com/events/fireworks/) ensures your seat for the entire evening’s entertainment lineup, which includes:
- 7:30 p.m. F/A-18 Hornet Fighters; Marine Fighter-Attack Squadron 101 Flyover
- 7:30 p.m. Navy Band Southwest’s Destroyers Contemporary Music Group
- 9 p.m.: Fireworks show
- 9:30 p.m.: Comedian Jeff Ross, the ‘Roastmaster General,’ performs on the Corona Grandstand Stage
Stay late after the Fireworks for more fun! Rock your heart out at an EDM dance party with DJ SteevieWild at 9:30 p.m. at the Coors Light Rock on Stage or watch “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” on the big screen in the Paddock at 9:30 p.m. There’s also a bonus hypnotist show at 10 p.m. on the Showcase Stage and the shopping halls will stay open late. Rides in the Fun Zone will keep on thrilling until midnight, so stay and play while you wait for the traffic to clear!
The Fair runs daily through July 4
Today and July 3: 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
Saturday and July 4: 10 a.m.-11 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
(The Fair stays open for approximately 1 hour after the gates close for the night.)
Del Mar Fairgrounds, 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd., Del Mar
Kids 6-12 and seniors 62+, $12
Kids 5 and under get in FREE
- Save 20 percent on adult admission when you purchase Fair tickets at Albertsons and Vons grocery stores ($15 instead of $19). Seniors and children’s tickets are just $11.
- “Kids Days” feature FREE admission Friday June 29 for kids 12 and under.
- For just $28, you’ll get unlimited entry to the Fair with the “Best Pass Ever!”
- Pick up a “Passport to Savings” coupon book full of great savings opportunities throughout the Fair for just $5. Each book includes a free return ticket to the Fair.