San Diego CA— Since 2016, Owner of The Wine Pub, Sandy Hanshaw—in collaboration with Baja Wine + Food’s Fernando Gaxiola—has organized intimate, sold out tours across the border to uncover Mexico’s wine country, Valle de Guadalupe. Today, the much-loved Point Loma wine bar announces its expansion to explore Tijuana and Ensenada’s booming craft beer and street food scene.
“Both Fernando and I are very passionate about Mexico’s culinary diversity,” says Hanshaw. “We’ve loved planning quick trips across the border for the wine enthusiast and now we look forward to providing a new opportunity for those beer enthusiasts.”
The first trip is scheduled for Saturday, September 22. Guests will depart from The Wine Pub for a cross-border journey in mini buses. Notable stops include:
- A taco vs. tostada showdown in Tijuana
- Walkthrough at Mercado Hidalgo to experience Tijuana’s local culture and fresh produce
- Uncover why Anthony Bourdain called Ensenada’s La Guerrerense “the best street cart in the world”
- Fish tacos at the iconic El Fenix
- Brewery tour and beer tastings at Cervecería Agua Mala and Wendlandt Cervecería
- Dinner by the water at Popotla Fisherman’s Village
- Evening sips at Plaza Fiesta’s craft beer garden
Each experience includes round trip transportation from The Wine Pub, all street food and craft beer pairings at each stop and exclusive brewery visits. Tickets are $195 a person. Reservations are required. To reserve your spot, click here.
To stay tuned for upcoming trips to Baja, follow The Wine Pub on Instagram or Facebook. For more information on Point Loma Village’s favorite home away from home, The Wine Pub, please visit www.thewinepubsd.com.