Classes begin Thursday, September 20, 2018, 9:30 am – 1 pm
Encinitas CA— Gain in-depth knowledge about the unique collection of plants at this 37-acre botanic wonderland. Meet others who share your interest in the natural world, while learning from experts in a variety of specialties. Experience the satisfaction and personal accomplishment that comes from making a commitment to such a stimulating and worthwhile organization.
Docent activities include planning and working on special events, volunteering in garden beautification, and helping the Garden run smoothly. Docents are also encouraged (but not required) to lead garden tours. To each of these activities docents bring valuable leadership made possible only through this specialized training.
Classes take place in the morning at SDBG on the following dates:
- September 20 Orientation to Docent Program and SDGB
- September 27 Botany Bootcamp & Larabee Legacy
- October 4 Mediterranean Climate Gardens
- October 11 Trees in the Garden and the Herb Garden
- October 25 California Natives and Fires Safe Garden
- November 8 Succulents and the Desert Gardens
- November 15 Bamboo and Tropical Fruit Garden
- November 29 Palms and Cycads
Space is limited, so start today by contacting Volunteer Program Manager Jill Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-436-3036 ext 213 to add your name to the roster. For more specific information regarding the class, contact Docent Training Coordinator Liz Woodward at email@example.com or 760-420-1455.
Cost: $60 fee for 8 classes. Pre-requisites prior to enrollment required. Information may be found on our website at http://www.sdbgarden.org/docent.htm