San Diego County CA— The Association of Fundraising Professionals San Diego Chapter announces the honorees to be recognized at the annual National Philanthropy Day® event on Monday, November 5, 2018, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at the Town and Country Hotel, Golden Pacific Ballroom (http://afpsd.org). The annual celebration honors the dedication, leadership, and community contributions of San Diego County’s philanthropists, volunteers, professionals, and organizations. These outstanding individuals and groups are part of the reason why San Diego was named the #1 most philanthropic city in the nation last year (Charity Navigator Survey, June 2017).
From a total of 78 nominees, the following were selected as 2018 National Philanthropy Day® honorees:
- Outstanding Philanthropist: Trudy Bronner – Nominated by Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego
- Outstanding Development Professional: William (Bill) Littlejohn – Nominated by Sharp Healthcare
- Outstanding Philanthropic Business/Corporation: Nordson Corporation – Nominated by Girl Scouts San Diego, Casa de Amparo, Interfaith Community Services, North County Philanthropy Council, MiraCosta College, and Carlsbad Educational Foundation
- Outstanding Grant-making Organization: Latina Giving Circle – Nominated by the International Community Foundation
- Outstanding Organizational Volunteer: Chiho Sullivan – Nominated by Kitchens for Good
- Outstanding Fundraising Volunteer: Knox Williams – Nominated by the Joe and Mary Mottino Family YMCA and St. Madeline Sophie’s Center
- Outstanding Youth/Student Volunteer: Sana Moezzi – Nominated by the Make-A-Wish® San Diego and American Red Cross of San Diego and Imperial Counties
“It was a great honor to serve as this year’s Honorary Committee Chair for National Philanthropy Day,” said Wendy Urushima-Conn, President and CEO of the Asian Business Association of San Diego. “Our incredible committee of diverse community leaders had the challenging, yet inspiring job of reading through the wonderful nomination’s and selecting the recipients in each category. We were so impressed by the impact, transformational gifts, and most of all, the passion of all the nominees. Congratulations to all of the nominees and recipients. San Diego is a better place because of you.”
This year’s event will feature keynote speaker Pradeep K. Khosla, Chancellor of UC San Diego, the largest nonprofit organization in San Diego.
“I am honored to participate in this year’s celebration of National Philanthropy Day, which recognizes outstanding individuals, companies and organizations that are making a positive impact on our region and beyond,” said Khosla. “UC San Diego is proud to be part of San Diego’s generous philanthropic community, which is continually driving change to make the world a better place.”
UC San Diego is the presenting sponsor for this year’s National Philanthropy Day® event, with significant sponsorships from the San Diego Business Journal, Mission Federal Credit Union, SDG&E, Manpower, Netzel Grigsby & Associates, Inc., San Diego State University, Wells Fargo, San Diego Magazine, and others.
Proceeds from the event will go toward supporting the next generation of development professionals with scholarships and in-depth Learning Labs and educational workshops, which provide development professionals and nonprofit leaders with strategies and tools demonstrated to improve outcomes for those they serve, and for the larger San Diego region.
For additional information on sponsorship, attending the event, or the San Diego Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, please contact 858-212-1706 or email email@example.com.