San Diego CA— Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) will bring its new 5K event to San Diego. Carry Forward™, delivered by CSX®, is more than just a walk or run – it’s a challenge for individuals or squads to test their limits with three options: flag, fitness, or fierce. To register for the San Diego event, visit http://wwpcarryforward.org/sandiego.
Challenges for everyone
- Flag – Participants carry a flag of any size. At least one member of your squad is always holding a flag.
- Fitness – Individuals or squads run or walk with a weight they trade off or continuously carry. The weight can range from one to 100 pounds, but it must not touch the ground.
- Fierce – Squads carry one of their squad members throughout the course. The person being carried cannot touch the ground.
“Wounded Warrior Project is proud to launch our first-ever Carry Forward event in San Diego,” said WWP CEO Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Mike Linnington. “San Diego is home to many wounded service members, family members, and caregivers who have been positively impacted by our programs and services. We’re grateful to the San Diego community for their support, as well as the efforts of local volunteers who will make this event a success. Carry Forward won’t just fuel our mission to honor and empower wounded warriors – it will put that mission into action.”
- When: 7:30 am on Saturday, Oct. 6
- Where: Liberty Station – 2640 Historic Decatur Road, San Diego, CA
Supporters nationwide will also have a chance to do their own Carry Forward event virtually. If you want to participate remotely, register at http://wwpcarryforward.org/virtual.
Since 2003, WWP has been a tireless advocate for our nation’s finest, improving the lives of millions of warriors and their families. Yet, the need is great and growing for this generation of wounded warriors. According to a Harvard study, the costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, including veteran care, are estimated at $4 trillion to $6 trillion.
WWP has been serving those who sacrificed for 15 years. To learn more about how the veterans charity is transforming the way America’s injured veterans are empowered, employed, and engaged in our communities, visit https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/give-back.
About Wounded Warrior Project
Since 2003, Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) has been meeting the growing needs of warriors, their families, and caregivers – helping them achieve their highest ambition. Learn more: http://newsroom.woundedwarriorproject.org/about-us.