Record-breaking donation from Junior League of San Diego funds seven local nonprofit organizations
Two scholarships award students affected by domestic violence
San Diego CA— Junior League of San Diego has announced that dozens of volunteers from the women’s leadership organization delivered donations totaling $20,000 to seven nonprofit organizations to empower transition-age foster youth to achieve their dreams.
- Break the Silence Against Domestic Violence:
- Funds two scholarships for students impacted by domestic violence, in honor of Tracie – a local victim of domestic violence
- Just in Time Funds Career Horizons for Young Women:
- Connects 15-20 young women transitioning from foster care with professional mentors and resources to expand career options
- Monarch School:
- Stocks six classrooms with school supplies for students affected by homelessness
- Funds a Guardian Scholar for one year, providing a foster youth with a partial scholarship to pursue higher education
- TAY Academy:
- Provides healthy food and other essentials to meet immediate needs of transition-age foster youth
- Urban Street Angels:
- Opens the doors of a North Park church for an additional day of service and overnight shelter for homeless youth every week.
- Voices for Children:
- Sends four foster youth to summer camp and pays for five pairs of reading glasses