Local leadership consultancy aims to spread the impact of purpose-filled leadership behaviors by highlighting local and international leaders’ expertise
Carlsbad CA— Making the switch from self-interest to servant leadership is gaining popularity. For many, it’s proven to be purpose-filled, sincere, and profitable. Yet making the switch from power-focused to people- and purpose-focused comes with challenges.
“Are you able?” This question is the premise of this year’s Servant Leader Conference, taking place March 4-5, 2018, in Carlsbad, Calif., at the Westin Carlsbad Resort and Spa, presented by Carlsbad-based Servant Leadership Institute (SLI). The conference will feature noteworthy local business leaders as well as internationally recognized business speakers.
“We believe that is a continual question for servant leaders, for we are tested every day with the opportunity to do the right thing,” said SLI Founder and Carlsbad resident, Art Barter. For some people coming to this conference, the question will be, “Am I able to change into a servant leader?” For others who already consider themselves established servant leaders, it may be the question, “Am I able to be better or am I able to be a change agent in my organization’s culture?”
SLI, a leadership coaching and consulting organization, has always designed its conferences to be an intimate experience for attendees to dig deep in the concepts and principles of servant leadership, which flips the “power leadership” pyramid upside down and puts the leader at the base to serve the employees. “Expect high levels of engagement as we facilitate exercises that will equip you with strategic and tactical plans to take back to your workplace,” said SLI President, Robin Swift.
The attendance number is intentionally kept at an intimate level so that individuals can interface with speakers and follow attendees. Last spring, the event hosted 300 attendees from all over the U.S. and from a wide variety of organizations.
Attendees will hear from acclaimed leadership authorities like conference host Art Barter, Founder and CEO of the Servant Leadership Institute and author of three books on the subject of servant leadership. Art will help attendees reflect on their servant leadership abilities and gain perspective on how they can grow their leadership skills. Other speakers include:
- Ken Blanchard, prolific author and leadership expert and San Diego local. Once again, we bring you Ken’s wit and wisdom as he teaches the power of servant leadership. His latest book is Servant Leadership in Action, to which Art Barter is a contributor.
- Kelly Cardenas, national educator for John Paul Mitchell Systems for over 19 years. Kelly teaches more than how to style hair. He teaches a leadership perspective that is grounded in a humble mindset.
- Vicki Floyd Clark, a noted speaker, facilitator, consultant, and trainer. Vicky has extensive experience in the nonprofit, government, and private sectors.
- Jeffrey Foley, CEO and President of Loral Mountain Solutions, LLC. Jeffrey served in the United States Army for 32 years leading soldiers in war and peace. As an author, leadership coach, and speaker, he works with leaders who want to lead with impact and inspire their teams to achieve positive, lasting change.
- Habeeb Habeeb, CEO and Principle of BPC, a repeat winner (4 times) of “Best Places to Work” in Illinois, and founder of the H-Squared Leadership Institute.
- Olivia McIvor, one of the most well-versed “human potential” experts in North America. She has spent over two decades creating workplace cultures that are healthy and performance- and purpose-driven. Olivia brings two guests with her from Kaiser Permanente, Dr. James Lau and Kimi Omi-Braxton, who will present a case study with Olivia, focused on their work to implement a kindness-based culture.
- Carla Rieger, an expert on “mental resets” to increase servant leadership skills and resilience so people can thrive and grow despite challenging situations.
A special highlight will be the addition of a servant leadership practitioner session. These practitioners have all been involved in the implementation of servant leadership in a wide variety of organizations. Individuals from the fields of insurance services, leadership development, Native American business ventures, aerospace and defense technology, and hospitality will tell their stories of integrating servant leadership into their organizations. As this group shares their experiences, attendees will learn practical tips and solutions to challenges in creating a servant led culture.
For more details about the speakers, please visit the conference website.
For conference location, registration rates, and discount information, please visit the website: servantleadershipinstitute.com/rates.
About the Servant Leadership Institute
The Servant Leadership Institute, based in Carlsbad, Calif., offers servant leadership training, hands-on webinars and workshops, leadership books, and speaking by Art Barter. We inspire teams to serve others first.