Computer Communications Industry Association to Offer Assistance at Oceanside Public Library
Oceanside CA— Free tax preparation assistance will be available to lower-middle income Oceanside residents on Saturday, February 23, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Oceanside Public Library, located 330 North Coast Highway in downtown Oceanside.
Taxpayers qualify to prepare and file their Federal and State income tax returns for FREE if one of the following applies for tax year 2018:
- An adjusted gross income of $34,000 or less in 2018;
- Are eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
- Are active duty military
All qualifying taxpayers will have the opportunity to prepare and file their federal and state tax returns at no cost, using TurboTax® Free File Program software to help identify/claim all tax credits and deductions they are eligible for. Volunteers will be on-hand to assist as needed.
This event will promote the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and ensure EITC-eligible families and individuals claim this important credit. Currently, there are an estimated 600,000 eligible Californians. EITC could boost a tax refund by up to $6,318, based on income and family size. Individuals can learn if they are eligible by visiting http://caleitc4me.org — the EITC Calculator.
Participants should bring the following documents:
- Form of Government Identification
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer’s Identification Number (ITIN Card or Letter) for each family member
- Proof of income including W2s and 1099 forms
- Documentation of deductible expenses
- Health Insurance Form (1095-A) (if health insurance was purchased through the marketplace for any family member)
- Account and routing numbers of checking or savings accounts for direct deposit and a faster refund
- Copy of 2017 tax return or IRS transcript, or TurboTax 2017 login and email information
The event is part of a statewide tour sponsored by the Computer & Communications Industry Association (CCIA) and the Intuit Financial Freedom Foundation (IFFF). Thanks to committed Intuit employee volunteers, the Saturday event is expected to serve more than 100 people.
While walk-ins are welcome, interested taxpayers are encouraged to visit bit.ly/OceanTaxEvent or call 1-888-268-1666 to make an appointment.