Carlsbad CA— From April 4 to April 14, 2019, the city of Carlsbad will focus on all things floral in venues throughout the city. Guests are invited to tour The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch and enjoy the delights of spring with floral-inspired creations from participating resorts, spas, restaurants, and breweries.
Chefs, mixologists, and wellness specialists across Carlsbad are planting the seeds of their creative sides for Petal to Plate 2019, taking inspiration from The Flower Fields’ blooming ranunculus to delight the senses in this year’s floral offerings from spa treatments to cocktails. Participating resorts and restaurants already announced include Cape Rey Carlsbad, A Hilton Resort, a California meets Craftsman style property only 150 steps from the surf; Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, home to the #1 Wellness Spa in the nation as rated by Spa Magazine; Barrel Republic, a mecca for craft beer lovers; and Park 101, an 8000 sq. ft. multi-level, plaza-style complex in the heart of Carlsbad Village.
Petal to Plate spa treatments will include Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa’s Aviara Flower Fields Facial, which is a treatment infused with Maize flour, sweet red rose petals, and vibrant wildflowers; as well as the Pampered with Petals massage, which features delicate aromas of flower blossoms and an all-natural rose petal infused sugar scrub. Petal to Plate culinary and cocktail offerings will include Park 101’s Flower Child cocktail. This floral libation features botanical gin, lavender, honey, fresh lemon and grapefruit bitters.
Additional events celebrating Carlsbad’s Flower Fields include
- Thursday, March 28: Media Preview Petal to Plate Picnic Event (The Flower Fields). A VIP preview for Petal to Plate and Tea in the Garden, invited guests will enjoy floral-inspired meals picnic style in The Flower Fields to kick off this year’s celebration.
- March-May (select days): Food Trucks in The Flower Fields. Food Trucks will take over The Flower Fields on select days from March-May, tantalizing your taste buds alongside a rainbow of ranunculus buds. Please truck appearances below and all appearances on the calendar here.
- Sunday, March 31: Tea in the Garden (The Flower Fields). Guests are invited to enjoy a relaxing afternoon tea in surrounded by nearly 50 acres of vibrant, blooming ranunculus. Delight in the beauty of Spring over delicious food and tea provided by the Grand Tea Room. Tickets can be purchased here.
- March 29, April 5, 12, & 19: Sunset Wine Tasting & Food. An intimate culinary experience unfolds with wine and bites paired to the songs of live musical artists. Enjoy the sun as it sets on the fields with this after-hours event.
- April 4 & April 11, 2019: Picnic in the Flowers. Friends and families can enjoy one-of-a-kind picnic surrounded by a sea of colorful flowers.
- April 6, 27 & 28: Basket Weaving Workshops. This class by Nadine Spier, an award winning fiber artist, offers basic and advanced techniques of coiling to create baskets and sculptural forms.
- April 14: Canon Photography Workshop. From 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. guests are invited to celebrate and capture the beauty of The Flower Fields® at a macro photography workshop.