- Exhibit is part of initiative by the Museum of Photographic Arts to showcase and collect Australian works that reflect on global issues
- Defining Place/Space showcases the diverse scope of artwork by photographers of Australia including indigenous heritage
San Diego CA— The Museum of Photographic Arts (MOPA) presents Defining Place/Space: Contemporary Photography from Australia March 6, 2019 through September 22, 2019. The exhibition represents the best contemporary photography from Australia through the work of 13 artists, including several whose work is being shown in the United States for the first time.
- Large-scale photoshopped work of alien invasions in London reflecting the colonization of Australia
- Lighthearted, Edenlike portraits
- Politically charged images of aboriginal cultures
- Camera-less photography