A Floral Culinary and Wellness Celebration
The third annual edition offers a full bouquet of new floral experiences, including activities at The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch, resorts, restaurants, breweries, and spas
Update: The April 11, 2019 event Picnic in the Flowers has been canceled.
Carlsbad CA— Timed with the blooming of The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch, Carlsbad celebrates its vibrant floral surroundings with a new annual edition of “Petal to Plate by Visit Carlsbad.” The 10-day celebration of fine flowers, food, and drink in the charming coastal Southern California town will take place from April 4 to April 14, 2019 and includes events and floral-inspired specials at venues across the city.
Inspired by the nearly fifty acres of rainbow colored Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers that make up The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch in Carlsbad, California, chefs, brewers, mixologists, and wellness specialists across Carlsbad have incorporated floral ingredients from hibiscus, lavender, orange blossom, marigold, poppy, rose, jasmine, orchid and even pollen to delight the senses in this year’s edition. Offerings include: a facial treatment featuring 1000 hand pressed Bulgarian roses and a Jasmine Blossom Massage at The Spa at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa; a Lavender Pedicure and an Orange Blossom Conditioning Body Scrub and Massage at Ocean Crest Spa at Cape Rey Carlsbad, A Hilton Resort; a Flower Fields Massage at Ocean Pearl Spa at Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa; a petal powered lunch special at Argyle Steakhouse at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort Golf Club & Spa; a local artisan floral cheeseboard and Rose Water Raindrop Cake at Chandler’s Restaurant at Cape Rey Carlsbad, A Hilton Resort; craft cocktails featuring floral infused liquors at Campfire, Park 101, Vigilucci’s Seafood and Steakhouse, and 20|Twenty Grill at Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa; and a wide selection of floral noted beers and ciders on tap at Draft Republic and Barrel Republic.
“Each spring, The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch draw thousands of travelers to the destination to admire the vibrant beauty of our blooming ranunculus” says Executive Director of Visit Carlsbad, Sam Ross. “Following the success of our previous celebrations and with California’s timely super bloom craze, we’re thrilled to invite travelers to be inspired by Carlsbad’s natural beauty once again with new culinary and wellness offerings and events at The Flower Fields.”
Petal to Plate Calendar of Events – April 4-14, 2019
- Thursday, April 4 – Sunday, April 14: Petal to Plate by Visit Carlsbad (various venues throughout Carlsbad). After visiting The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch, guests are invited to enjoy offerings from thirteen participating restaurants, bars, and wellness establishments. A full overview of each offering is available here.
- March-May (select days): Food Trucks in The Flower Fields. Food Trucks will take over The Flower Fields on select days from March-May, tantalizing your taste buds alongside a rainbow of ranunculus buds. Please truck appearances below and all appearances on the calendar here.
- April 5, 12, & 19: Sunset Wine Tasting & Food. An intimate culinary experience unfolds with wine and bites paired to the songs of live musical artists. Enjoy the sun as it sets on the fields with this after-hours event.More information can be found here.
- April 11, 2019: Picnic in the Flowers. (UPDATE- This event has been canceled) Friends and families can enjoy a one-of-a-kind picnic surrounded by a sea of colorful flowers.
- April 6, 27 & 28: Basket Weaving Workshops. This class by Nadine Spier, an award winning fiber artist, offers basic and advanced techniques of coiling to create baskets and sculptural forms. More information can be found here.
- April 14: Canon Photography Workshop. From 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m., guests are invited to celebrate and capture the beauty of The Flower Fields® at a macro photography workshop. More information can be found here.
Guests visiting Carlsbad for Petal to Plate can browse the destination’s comprehensive listing of all hotels in the city on VisitCarlsbad.com, including luxury resorts, vacation rentals, budget-friendly hotels and more.
Located just 25-minutes north of San Diego, Carlsbad is a quaint beach town that showcases an approachable elegance unique to the Southern California shoreline. Known as “The Village by the Sea,” Carlsbad offers the charm of a European town with the conveniences of a large city. The town’s dramatic beauty is complemented by a distinct variety of year-round signature events, as well as boundless ocean experiences along seven miles of golden coast, beautiful flower gardens, a range of accommodations, world-class shopping experiences, local breweries, golf, and unique destinations, such as LEGOLAND® California and SEA LIFE Aquarium. With a perfectly mild climate year-round, this Southern California treasure provides guests an ideal environment to explore the outdoors by day and relax each evening at one of the many beautiful resorts and comfortable hotels in Carlsbad. Visit the official website visitcarlsbad.com for complete destination