Carlsbad CA— The City of Carlsbad’s Cultural Arts Office is hosting a new Musical Theatre Camp for ages 12 to 14, July 22 through July 26 at Carlsbad City Library, located 1775 Dove Lane. The camp is being led by North Coast Repertory Theatre, the city’s first artist in residence.
“This is our first opportunity to share the magic of theatre with this age group,” said Laurette Garner, community arts coordinator. “North Coast Repertory Theatre is one of San Diego County’s premier theatres and we are thrilled to have them onboard to inspire our community’s young aspiring actors.”
At a Glance
- Musical Theatre Camp will take students from the audition process all the way through a performance in a fast paced, fun and creative experience.
- Campers will give a free performance of School House Rock Live Jr., based on the award-winning 1970s cartoons, on July 26.
- Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis and limited to 30 campers.
- The camp runs July 22 through July 26, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Carlsbad City Library, located at 1775 Dove Lane.
- The camp fee is $150. Enrollment is now open.
Now in its 37th season, The Theatre School @ North Coast Repertory Theatre is located in Solana Beach, Calif. It stages five student productions annually and reaches nearly 2,000 students per year. The Theatre School offers quality arts instruction and training to local students ages 4-21, and provides classes, camps and workshops, operating throughout the year in North County San Diego. The Theatre School teaches skills that promote a lifelong passion for the arts whether students seek to pursue a career in theatre or simply to apply the confidence and creative self expression they have gained to excel in any profession.
Even More Information
The City of Carlsbad selected North Coast Repertory Theatre as its first artist in residency. Creating a guest artist residency program was one of the top 10 priorities included in the city’s Arts & Culture Master Plan. The Arts & Culture Master Plan presents a vision of new roles for the City of Carlsbad and the Cultural Arts Office, leading to the creation of vibrant experiences for everyone.
For questions, contact email@example.com or 760-602-2090.