San Diego CA— The Associated General Contractors of America, San Diego Chapter, Inc. (AGC) installed its 2020 officers and board members at the Chapter’s Annual Installation last night at the San Diego Hilton Bayfront. Over 450 guests attended the dinner, which was sponsored by Marsh & McLennan.
Bill Haithcock, President of Casper Company, was installed as the 75th President in the AGC’s 93-year history, and he succeeds Stephen Friar of Hensel Phelps. Casper Company, a family owned and operated business since 1984, specializes in concrete cutting, demolition, and hazardous materials abatement, serving clients in both the public and private sectors.
Mr. Haithcock has been an active AGC member for many years. As a member of AGC’s Board of Directors, Mr. Haithcock has served as Senior Vice President; Vice President; Secretary/Treasurer; and Chair of AGC’s Government Relations and Political Action Committees, Membership Committee, and Plan Room Committee.
The other AGC officers installed were Mike Williamson of Pacific Coast Iron as Senior Vice President; Kari Kyne of Kyne Construction, Inc. as Vice President; Austin Cameron of TC Construction Company, Inc. as Secretary/Treasurer; and Stephen Friar of Hensel Phelps as Past President.
The remaining Board Members for 2020 are: John Boies of Granite Construction Company; Jeff Clinkscales of Rossin Steel, Inc.; Paul Diaz of AGC’s Construction Leadership Council; Randy Finch of Finch, Thornton & Baird, LLP; Jeff Harper of Harper Construction Company, Inc.; Diane Koester-Byron of I.E.-Pacific, Inc.; Larry McMahon of Alliant Insurance Services, Inc.; John Messick of Sundt Construction, Inc.; Jason Mordhorst of Hazard Construction Company; Gita Murthy of RORE, Inc.; Mark Payne of Swinerton; Norbert Schulz of J.R. Filanc Construction Company, Inc.; Boris Shekhter of Helix Electric, Inc.; Eric Stenman of Balfour Beatty Construction; Jim Summers of EC Constructors, Inc.; Barry Swaim of Tower Glass; and Wes Wise of Cass Arrieta.
The following AGC members have been appointed to the 2020 Executive Committee and will serve as Ex-Officio Members of the Board of Directors: Mike Furby of Marathon Construction Corporation, and Steve Stroder of Bergelectric Corporation.
The evening’s program included recognition of 204 graduates of AGC’s Apprenticeship Program in 2019; the 23 graduates from AGC’s Project Management Program; presentation of the Annual AGC Member and Construction Safety Excellence Awards; and a special presentation of AGC’s prestigious SIR Award. Tom Anderson, who served as AGC’s 2006 President, was honored for his “Skill, Integrity, and Responsibility” throughout his career in the construction industry.
AGC of America is the nation’s largest and oldest construction trade association. The association is dedicated to improving the construction industry by employing the finest skills, promoting the latest technology, and advocating building the best quality projects for public and private owners. The San Diego Chapter has over 1,100 member firms.
AGC Member Awards
- Construction Industry Excellence Award: Rowan Electric
- Construction Industry Professional Award: Larry McMahon (Alliant Insurance Services)
- Construction Industry Leadership Award: Steve Friar (Hensel Phelps)
- Excellence in Construction Technology Award: Hensel Phelps
- Excellence in Marketing Award: Trench Shoring Company
- Good Business Award: Acme Safety & Supply Corporation
- Affiliate of the Year (company): Trench Shoring Company
- Affiliate of the Year (individual): Richard Anderson (Acme Safety & Supply Corporation)
- Rookie of the Year: Jodie Taylor (Career Construction)
- President’s Award: Don McKillop (Law Offices of Donald R. McKillop)
Construction Safety Excellence Awards (based on various hours worked)
- BNBuilders, Inc.
- RQ Construction, LLC
- Western Pump, Inc.
- Construction Management Division
- Erickson-Hall Construction Company
- Harper Construction Company, Inc.
- Straub Construction, Inc.
- Federal/Heavy Division
- Cox Construction Company
- Marathon Construction Corporation
- B. Civil Construction, Inc.
- Sundt Construction, Inc.
- Specialty Division
- Bergelectric Corporation
- Dynalectric Company
- Helix Electric, Inc.
- Johnson, Finch & McClure
- Kyne Construction, Inc.
- M Bar C Construction, Inc.
- Synergy Electric Company, Inc.
- Utility Division
- R. Filanc Construction Company, Inc.
- Orion Construction Corporation
- E. Roberts
- Insurance Services
- SMART Safety Group
- Vendor & Supplier
- Brewer Crane, LLC
- Hudson Safe-T-Lite Rentals