Carlsbad CA— From April 9 to April 19, 2020, the city of Carlsbad will focus on all things floral in venues throughout the city. Travelers are invited to tour The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch and stay at the newly opened, The Cassara Carlsbad, which is the first hotel in the destination to overlook the landmark flower fields. Flower fanatics can enjoy the delights of spring with floral-inspired creations from participating resorts, spas, restaurants, and breweries. Chefs, mixologists, and wellness specialists across Carlsbad are planting the seeds of their creative sides for Petal to Plate 2020, taking inspiration from The Flower Fields’ blooming ranunculus to delight the senses in this year’s floral offerings from spa treatments to cocktails.
Participating resorts and restaurants already announced include:
- The dual property Sheraton & Westin Carlsbad will kick off the celebration with a Hibiscus Blossom Massage at the property’s Ocean Pearl Spa. Additional floral spa treatments will be offered at Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, and Park Hyatt Aviara Resort & Spa which is currently undergoing a $50 million renovation.
- The newly opened Windmill Food Hall and Toast Gastrobrunch will be offering a selection of floral inspired cocktails and culinary delights. The Windmill Food Hall will offer a Chicken “Floral” Bouquet, Yum Rose Salad, Zucchini Flower pizza, Butterfly Pea Tea, and the Rose Garden cocktail—just to name a few; while Toast Gastrobrunch will offer brunch classics with a floral twist including a Hibiscus Mimosa and Prickly Pear Pisco Sour.
The Flower Fields are open from March to May and offer additional events throughout the season which travelers can also partake in. Some of these events include:
- Flower Flow Yoga: Instill tranquility, balance, and flexibility as you get your flow on overlooking the 60 acres of rainbow ranunculus during one of many yoga classes this season. Tickets range from $25-30 per session. Please see here for the full schedule.
- April 5 & 26: Tea in the Garden (The Flower Fields). Guests are invited to enjoy a relaxing afternoon tea in surrounded by nearly 50 acres of vibrant, blooming ranunculus. Delight in the beauty of Spring over delicious food and tea provided by the Grand Tea Room. Tickets can be purchased here for $65.
- March 27, April 3, 24, & 19, May 1: Sunset Wine Tasting & Food. An intimate culinary experience unfolds with wine and bites paired to the songs of live musical artists. Enjoy the sun as it sets on the fields with this after-hours event. Ticket can be purchased here for $65.
- April 19: Canon Photography Workshop. From 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. guests are invited to celebrate and capture the beauty of The Flower Fields® at a macro photography workshop; cost is included in admission to the Flower Fields.