San Diego CA— To make Valentine’s Day extra special this year, plan a romantic visit to San Diego’s Little Italy. Lovebirds everywhere are called to this vibrant downtown neighborhood filled with endless award-winning restaurants, unique shops, wineries, bars and luxurious hotels. It has everything you need to make this holiday memorable.
Check out Little Italy’s special Valentine’s Day guide:
- Gift Shopping – Spoil your loved one with a gift from Little Italy’s one-of-a-kind shops. Discover intricate items such as jewelry, candles and fragrances at Love & Aesthetics, modern home décor and art from D3 Home, or wow your Valentine with a piece of contemporary artwork from 1805 Gallery.
- Romantic Walk – Take an afternoon stroll hand-in-hand with your significant other among Little Italy’s European-styled piazzas and picturesque streets. On India Street, take in breathtaking views of the San Diego bay at the Piazza della Famiglia or pose for the perfect Valentine’s day picture in front of the Little Italy Landmark Sign.
- Pre-Dinner Drinks – Kickoff a romantic evening with a wine tasting at Pali Wine Co. Winery Tasting Room for some of the best Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from the Central Coast or Carruth Cellars Wine Garden offering premium wines from Northern and Central California. For non-winos, swing by Born & Raised’s 1920’s style rooftop for handcrafted cocktails.
- Dinner Date – Share an intimate dinner at one of Little Italy’s premier restaurants. Choose from an array of authentic Italian hotspots like Davanti Enoteca, Bencotto Italian Kitchen and Civico 1845. For fine dining, make a reservation at Herb & Wood or Juniper and Ivy to experience diverse menus designed by all-star chefs.
- Sweets for your Sweetheart – End your evening with a scoop of uniquely flavored, handcrafted ice cream at Salt & Straw or share a slice of cake at Extraordinary Desserts as you reminisce special memories with your sweetheart.
- Weekend Getaway – Surprise your Valentine with a weekend staycation at Carte Hotel, a luxurious, new property with a rooftop pool and bar, or Porto Vista Hotel, a stylish boutique hotel offering a special Cupid’s Deal with amenities like a complimentary champagne bottle.