Carlsbad CA—The Carlsbad Cultural Arts Office proudly presents a Spring Theatre Intensive for Young Performers with guest artist Missoula Children’s Theatre, the nation’s largest touring children’s theatre. This program invites kids ages 7 to 14 to join the Missoula Children’s Theatre tour team for a week-long spring break camp. The tour team will arrive in town with a set, lights, costumes, props, make-up and everything it takes to put on a play…except the cast, to present their twist on the classic fairy tale, Sleeping Beauty!
- This week-long program, April 13 – 18, begins with an audition day and culminates in two public performances. All campers will be cast in a role.
- Forty-three beginner to experienced students, ages 7-14, will be cast and well-rehearsed throughout the week, learning lines, songs and choreography to performing in a musical.
- Program runs 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday with two performances on Saturday, April 18 at 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. with free admission.
- Register at carlsbadconnect.org. First come, first served.
- The theatre intensive will take place at the Carlsbad City Library complex in the Schulman Auditorium, located at 1775 Dove Lane.
- Fee is $150 per participant.
“Cultural Arts is thrilled to bring this top notch children’s theatre to Carlsbad. We can’t think of a better way for young performers to enjoy their spring break by learning new performing skills while bringing this timeless tale to the stage,” explains Cultural Arts Manager, Richard Schultz.
- Missoula Children’s Theatre is part of the Guest Artist Residency program which is one of the initiatives in the Arts & Culture Master Plan, approved by the City Council in June 2018. This guest artist is dedicated to the development of life skills in children through participation in the performing arts. Missoula Children’s Theatre has been touring extensively for more than 40 years and will visit nearly 1,200 communities this year.
- Contact Laurette Garner, community arts coordinator, 760-602-2084, Laurette.Garner@carlsbadca.gov