Vista CA— Experience Camps’ free one-week summer camp program for children 9-17 who have experienced the death of a parent, sibling or caregiver is usually the ‘best week of the year’.
This summer the need is greater than ever before – but our campers and volunteers will not be traveling to Green Oak Ranch in Vista, CA for in-person camp. Instead we will host 900 campers from across the country (73 volunteers, 158 campers from California) virtually from August 4-8.
- This week we shipped 900+ camp-in-a-box care packages with 12 items carefully chosen to spark joy and connection, from a s’mores kit and name necklace kit to a journal and camp t-shirt
- To see campers as they ‘unbox’ camp-in-a-box this week follow @experiencecamps on Instagram and Facebook
- Virtual camp live and on-demand activities will include magic from YouTuber Zack King, yoga, journaling, origami, computer game coding, juggling, craft puppets, meditation, dance parties and traditional camp activities – including a live campfire sing along
In fact, Experience Camps new ongoing support will also include:
- Caregiver support – digital ‘office hours’ with Clinical Director, Cara Allen
- Free Grief Coach virtual support program, one-year subscription for campers
- A ‘best of’ collection of video tutorials and camp activities available to all posted on the website
To learn more visit- https://www.experience.camp/