San Diego CA— ARTS DISTRICT Liberty Station is kicking off the fall season with brand-new ways to stay connected all month long. From art challenges and galleries to making the perfect cup of tea, there is something for everyone and so much more.
VIRTUAL FIRST FRIDAY
Virtual First Friday is back October 2! Indulge in local takeout with bites and sips from your favorite Liberty Station restaurants while being entertained by this month’s virtual lineup of talented local artists and creatives from the comfort of your own home. From virtual live streaming events to online exhibits, September’s highlights include:
- Songbirds Music invites parents and children for an afternoon of art, music and storytime all about cats! All you need is colorful construction paper, scissors, glue, crayons or markers, and lots of kitty creativity. 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- San Diego Craft Collective hosts a free Halloween-themed kids craft activity followed by a live virtual demonstration. 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Milk Oolong Studio hosts live virtual miniature pottery demos with the opportunity to purchase your favorites. Plus, get the chance to play with clay yourself during an evening to create a Textured Dish using plants, stamps, and paints. Class is limited to 10 people so make sure to enroll soon! Demo 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. and In-Person 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Visit the event page for live streaming and other event links.
ART IN ARCHEOLOGY
- In honor of California Archeology Month (October) and Native American Heritage Month (November), the California State Parks and the San Diego County Archeological Society have collaborated to present an annual archeology-themed juried art show and contest called “Celebrating the Art in Archeology.” Beginning October 3, view this year’s 6th annual show online and place your vote for People’s Choice through October 16. The show is available for viewing online through the end of the year.
- Calling all artists! VELTZ Fine Art is celebrating the annual “Inktober”, worldwide challenge for artists looking to improve inking and drawing skills, with a mixed media twist freeing all participating. Every day this month, participate in a new challenge utilizing black and white mediums.
- The San Diego Watercolor Society presents the 40th International Exhibition showcasing the very best of watermedia art from around the world, will be virtual this year all month long. The exhibition was juried by award-winning artist Michael Reardon featuring 100 pieces of art from 21 countries.
A SPOT OF TEA ANYONE?
- Learn step-by-step instructions during Point Loma Tea’s “Making the Perfect Cup of Tea” as well as a sneak peek into new virtual tea tastings