Carlsbad CA— The City of Carlsbad will reopen city playgrounds and outdoor recreation areas under new state and county health guidelines on Friday, Oct. 2.
In compliance with the safety guidelines from the County of San Diego and California Department of Public Health, the city is currently preparing the playgrounds by creating signs that will note the maximum occupancy of each play structure and arranging for frequent cleaning. We expect to have all play areas open by Friday, with the exception of Hidden Canyon Park that will open Oct. 12 after playground resurfacing repairs are complete.
Here is the list of rules that we ask visitors to follow to help keep our city playgrounds and outdoor recreation areas safe, open and fun.
- Everyone 2 years and older should wear a mask covering their face.
- Maintain physical distance of 6 feet between individuals from different households and prevent crowding of children.
- Do not eat or drink in playground to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after you visit.
- Visit the park at different times or days to avoid crowds and waits.
- Elderly individuals and people with underlying medical conditions should avoid playgrounds when others are present.
- To avoid crowding and allow everyone to use this space, please limit your visit to 30 minutes when others are waiting.