With more than 50 miles of trails, the luxury working ranch now offers a variety of beginner and experienced rides for locals and Santa Ynez Valley visitors, with an optional wine tasting add-on
Solvang CA— The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort—recently named one of the “Top 15 Resorts in Southern California” by Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards—now welcomes non-guests of the resort to book group or private horseback rides. Whether a beginner or seasoned equestrian, locals and visitors alike can saddle-up and head out on a memorable ride led by The Alisal’s team of experienced wranglers. With more than 10,000 acres of wide-open spaces, The Alisal’s 50+ miles of trails take riders through canyons and shaded hillsides and past grazing cattle and a sparkling spring-fed lake.
Adult riders 21+ can also opt to partake in a “Sip & Saddle” wine tasting package at the nearby Folded Hills in Gaviota. Folded Hills is a family-owned sustainable organic winery, farm, and working ranch, whose offerings include private tastings and optional ATV riding through the ranch.
RIDE PACKAGE INFO & PRICING:
- Rides are offered 9:30-1:00 Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m.–12 p.m. on Friday, and available for ages 7+
- Beginner Group Trail Rides start at $150/person and are available at 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Private Two-Hour Rides start at $200/person, with a two-person minimum
- Payment due at time of booking, with 24-hour cancellation policy
WINE TASTING PACKAGE INFO & ADD-ON PRICING:
- “Escape to the Lake”: Enjoy a private wine tasting on Folded Hills’ secluded lake dock, overlooking the sparkling water, horse pastures, and polo field. Two-hour private tasting, $60/person
- “The Whole Shebang”: Hop in the off-road Polaris for a private, fully immersive tour of Folded Hills. Drive through the hillside vineyards, around the private ranch, and of course meet Gus & Dolph the Clydesales, Zazu the zebra, and George the camel. End with a private wine tasting at the beautiful lake dock. Maximum of five people. Includes one-hour touring + one-hour tasting wines for $115/person
- Food additions: $30 charcuterie board, feeds up to four guests
- Available for ages 21+
- Must book 48 hours in advance, payments must be made at the time of booking; 24-hour cancellation fee imposed
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call – 1.805.686.7700
- Website – www.Alisal.com/non-guest-horseback-riding
- The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort
- 1054 Alisal Road
- Solvang, CA 93463