The Carlsbad Educational Foundation Hosts Panel Webinar
Carlsbad CA— In partnership with the Carlsbad Unified School District and Parent University, the Carlsbad Educational Foundation presents its second panel webinar – Navigating Through Transition: How to Cope Successfully with Change.
Join our panelists on Tuesday, Jan. 26, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., as they share personal experiences navigating through transition and learn about resources to help you cope and navigate through changes related to the pandemic and life’s inevitable transitions. Registration for this webinar is free.
Introducing the Panel:
- Scott Schimmel, Moderator – President of The YouSchool, which creates curriculum for students and training for teachers and parents so that all kids have what they need to build not just successful but meaningful lives.
- Kevin Kirk, Panelist – Former Navy SEAL and founder of the Make a Wake Foundation, a nonprofit that teaches students (grades K-6) the power that just one positive action can have on the world.
- Nolan Mejia, Panelist – Sage Creek High School Senior and founder of Grocery Grab, a free grocery shopping service to senior citizens and other at-risk groups to reduce the risk of being exposed to Covid-19.
- Jill McManigal, Panelist – Co-Founder of Kids for Peace, a nonprofit that empowers kids to create peace through hands-on service, global friendships, thoughtful acts of kindness, and The Great Kindness Challenge event.
- Leah Becker, Panelist – School Counselor at Carlsbad High School and former Mental Health Specialist with EMQ Children and Family Services and former Educational Liaison with the San Diego County Office of Education Foster Youth Services.
The Carlsbad Educational Foundation is presenting this panel webinar as part of its #MoveForwardTogether campaign, launched in response to the Covid-19 health and economic crisis. The first webinar, “Supporting Our Students’ Social-Emotional Needs During the Pandemic,” was hosted in September. The conversation and additional resources to support social-emotional needs are available online.
Register for the free webinar, “Navigating Through Transition: How to Cope Successfully with Change” by visiting https://carlsbaded.org/community-talks/.
To support students and public education in Carlsbad during this most challenging time, visit www.CarlsbadEd.org/donate. Every dollar donated through the Foundation will address evolving challenges and new needs in our schools caused by the pandemic.
Your investment will also help ensure many critical curriculum-based programs in Music, STEAM, and Innovation are provided and adapted to align with the CUSD’s learning models. For more information visit www.CarlsbadEd.org.