San Diego CA— Women’s History Month is this March and the Little Italy Association is highlighting some of the incredible female-owned businesses in Little Italy. These businesses are not only female-owned, but many include female-made jewelry, art, fashion and more.
- Vocabulary Boutique | Calling Little Italy home since 2009, Vocabulary Boutique offers a plethora of apparel for both women and men. This month, owner Cecilia Sterling, is hosting a trunk show on Instagram Live to showcase another female-owned brand, Beauté Nouveau. A skincare brand made of quality ingredients, Beauté Nouveau’s products are available at Vocabulary. Some of Cecelia’s favorites picks are the Butter Balm, Sugar Balm and the Facial Started Kit.
- Stoll Boutique | In Little Italy since 2014, Stroll Boutique is owned by Katie McCarthy. Stroll Boutique is where boho chic meets the city streets and is now celebrating the opening if their new shop Stroll Home, located directly behind Stroll Boutique. As women love supporting women, Stroll Home now carries artist Sarah Stieber’s new Superpower Jewelry Collection.
- Stefanie Bales Fine Art | Located in the heart of Little Italy, Stefanie Bales opened the doors of her fine art store in 2019. Home to multiple mediums of contemporary fine art, most of Stefanie’s most recent work is mainly inspired by the coastal topographies of Southern California.
- Infinite Yoga | Part of Little Italy since 2014, Infinite Yoga brings the powerful and classic form of yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa, through their classes, workshops, retreats and teacher trainings.
- Theory Hair Studio | In Little Italy since 2011, Theory Hair Studio is a L’Oreal Professional concept salon specializing in hair extensions, lash extension and makeup and is owned and operated by Uyen Tran.
- Little Italy Mercato | Bringing over 85 vendors each Saturday to Little Italy since 2008, the Little Italy Mercato has become a staple to the community. Catt Fields White, in partnership with the Little Italy Association, brings a selection of fresh food with a European flare including farm produce, artisan foods, meat and eggs, plus cute crafts and a variety of plants perfect for your home!
Additional female-owned business in Little Italy include Be Boutique, Often Wander, Rosamariposa, Valmare Boutique, Bluza Boutique, Crema Boutique, Verde, Adelman Fine Art, and Extraordinary Desserts. As well as celebrating Women’s History Month, businesses all around Little Italy are celebrating the start of the new month and the beginning of Spring with great offers you just can’t miss!
- Isola Pizza Bar | 20 for $20 Pizza Thursdays are here! Every Thursday, Isola Pizza Bar will announce the Pie of the Week via their Instagram Stories. The Pie of the Week in addition to any other pizza on their menu will be available for $20, pick-up only.
- Pali Wine Co. | Offering trivia night every Tuesday at 7pm, Pali Wine Co. has multiple safely spaced and heated outdoor areas for guests to enjoy their food and wine. Additionally, happy hour runs Monday-Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm and includes wine and food options from $5, $6 and $7.
- Not Not Tacos | March Taco Special is the Chicken Bacon Ranch (CBR) for $5.25. The CBR includes grilled chicken, roasted garlic, bacon, lettuce, herby ranch dressing and parsley
- Graze by Sam | St. Patrick’s Day Cocktail is the Green is Good for $6. Green is Good, a gelato collaboration with Bobboi Natural Gelato and Sam the Cooking Guy, is made of lime mint gelato, El Jimador tequila shot and a salted rum. Try it Sam’s Way with mezcal instead of tequila for an extra kick!
- D3 Home | Modern Furniture SALE-ebration is going on this month through March 14. In celebration of D3’s 3rd year anniversary in Little Italy, they’re offering 10% off storewide and 15% off all Pablo Lighting. Additionally, for every $100 spent at D3 in-store or online, shoppers will be entered to win a designer lounge chair.
- STRIDE Little Italy | Offering their first class at $1 for all new and local clients. They’re also running a STRIDE Forward Challenge running from March 1-31, giving participants a goal of 15 classes in 31 days. Indoor and Outdoor classes count for the challenge and the prize is a limited-edition challenge water bottle.
- Meyer Fine Art | The current exhibit at Meyer Fine Art, ‘2021’ Gallery Artists’, features original limited-edition etchings, lithographs and other works on paper by important established and emerging artists, with work that spans more than a century. The diverse selection of artists includes Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, Christo, Howard Hodgkin, Joan Miró, Salvador Dali and many more.