San Diego CA— Feeding San Diego, the county’s leading hunger relief and food rescue organization, has added more dates to its Together Tour, a series of large-scale food distributions to provide food assistance around San Diego County. Launched in late March, the Together Tour has already stopped at Pechanga Arena San Diego and the North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre in Chula Vista, and will now stop at California State University, San Marcos (CSUSM) to serve the inland North County community starting on April 17.
“The turnout we’ve seen in the early days of the tour has been astounding,” said Dan Shea, CEO of Feeding San Diego. “There is still an increased demand for food assistance across San Diego County and we are doing our part to get to areas where the meal gap is most acute.”
The large-scale distributions can serve up to 1,400 people and are contactless. Volunteers place approximately 50 pounds of food in the trunk of attendees’ cars as they drive through, making large parking lots the ideal place to hold these events. To date, Feeding San Diego has distributed almost 400,000 pounds of food at these large-scale distributions.
Those in need of food can register for all dates here. Full details are as follows:
- North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre (2050 Entertainment Circle, Chula Vista, CA 91911):
- Friday, April 9 from 1 to 3 PM
- Pechanga Arena San Diego (3500 Sports Arena Blvd., San Diego, CA 92110):
- Wednesday, April 7 from 10 AM to 12 PM
- Thursday, May 13 from 10 AM to 12 PM
- Thursday, May 27 from 10 AM to 12 PM (Veterans Helping Veterans distribution for members of the military only)
- California State University, San Marcos (333 S Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, CA 92096):
- Saturday, April 17 from 9 to 11 AM
- Saturday, May 15 from 9 to 11 AM
- Saturday, June 19 from 9 to 11 AM
- Saturday, July 17 from 9 to 11 AM
Volunteers are needed for all distributions. Those interested can find more information here. For those who would like to support Feeding San Diego’s work during this critical time, they can give online.