Opening in the Heart of Oceanside Beach – Located on San Diego’s North Shore – Both Properties Will Offer Six Dining Venues, Including the City’s Only Rooftop Bar, Chef Roberto Alcocer’s First U.S. Restaurant, and a Vintage Dessert Lounge in the Historic Graves House
Oceanside CA— Slated to open in May 2021, Mission Pacific Hotel, a JdV by Hyatt hotel, and The Seabird Resort, a Destination by Hyatt hotel, will become the largest oceanfront hotel development in San Diego County in more than 50 years. The boutique dreamscapes will underscore approachable luxury, originality and upscale design, with 387 combined guestrooms and suites that tout expansive ocean views, intuitive guest programming and more. Embracing the beach-city’s proximity to impressive vintners and small local farms, lauded culinary talent will helm six diverse food and beverage experiences that will further underscore Oceanside’s emergence as a leading culinary destination within Southern California.
At Mission Pacific Hotel, adventurous taste and joy-driven hospitality will merge to create four distinct food and beverage experiences that range from surf-casual to upscale:
- Vallé, a Guadalupe Valley Kitchen: Acclaimed Chef Roberto Alcocer will helm this casually upscale restaurant featuring à la carte or tasting menus including fresh seafood, tender meats and the bounty of local farms to bring a touch of Mexico’s renown wine country to Mission Pacific. With residencies in Michelin-starred kitchens including Le Patio in Arcachon, France and La Broche in Madrid, Spain, Chef Alcocer opened Malva in Valle de Guadalupe eight years ago, Sole and La Surtidora in Mexico City to utter acclaim, and has shown dexterity in creating vibrant, playful dishes. Featuring an expansive outdoor dining veranda overlooking the sea and an available private dining room, Vallé, Alcocer’s first U.S. outpost, will underscore an artful balance between traditional Mexican and Baja California flavors, accompanied by a bold Guadalupe Valley and California wine list.
- The Rooftop at Mission Pacific: As Oceanside’s first and only rooftop bar, this stylish venue will offer sweeping ocean vistas accompanied by Chef Alcocer’s exciting Baja street-food creations, including tacos and ceviche. Gutsy local beverages include craft beers from Baja as well as various cocktails and wines to complement the menu.
- High/Low: Located within Mission Pacific’s ocean view lobby, this surf-casual café will be ideal for laid-back vibes and where sandy feet are always welcome. Featuring hyper-seasonal, organic produce from local growers, High/Low’s daytime fare will focus on breakfast classics, brunch favorites and hearty lunch offerings to sustain guests through an active day. The café will also feature extensive to-go offerings, from playful fresh pressed juices to locally roasted coffee, offering the perfect stop to fuel or refuel on the way to the morning waves. Following a day of sun and surf, guests can unwind on the large outdoor terrace with a curated selection of local beers and California wines for a relaxed sunset hangout. High/Low is a one-of-a-kind concept collaboration between Mission Pacific and Tara Lazar, a Southern California native and founder of the innovative hospitality group F10 Creative (Cheeky’s, Birba, Mr. Lyons and Seymour’s).
- Charlie’s: Further underscoring its intuition and commitment to creative hospitality, Mission Pacific and partner Tara Lazar will transform the nearby historic Graves House, seen in the popular 1986 film, “Top Gun,” into a vintage dessert lounge that will offer house-made pop-pies, ice cream and other decadent creations. Built nearly 140 years ago, this piece of cinematic history was moved for the first time to Mission Pacific for its $1 million restoration.
Boasting an estate-by-the-beach design next to Mission Pacific, The Seabird Resort will offer two food and beverage experiences that highlight craftsmanship and seasonality with Executive Chef Kurtis Habecker at the helm of its culinary operations. Habecker has collaborated with the likes of Chefs Ludovic Lefebvre, Joachim Splichal and Michael Mina on groundbreaking concepts that have been lauded globally. Prior to The Seabird Resort, he led the culinary team at the AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five-Star Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa.
- The Shore Room: This bright respite will offer stunning views of Pacific sunsets from inside the lobby or from the wrap-around porch graced with three firepits. Here, the art of mixology takes center stage with elevated and creative cocktails that encompass both the familiar and the adventurous. Afternoon bites and firelight help transform The Shore Room into an elegant lounge at dusk that is a must before dinner or simply as the evening’s destination.
- Piper: At once familiar and exciting, this restaurant is designed to deliver breakfast, lunch, and dinner fresh from the farmer’s market either in the beautifully designed interior or in the expansive sidewalk patio that features the city’s first outdoor private dining room. Anchoring the space is a pasta bar where chefs will prepare delicious creations with of-the-minute ingredients. At Piper, California wines, local produce, and culinary talent all meet to create an approachable dining destination that celebrates clean cooking and the bounty of San Diego’s North Shore.
“Home to some of Southern California’s widest beaches, historical landmarks and easygoing surf culture, Oceanside’s newest hotels will capture approachable luxury,” says Michael Stephens, area managing director of The Seabird and Mission Pacific. “Whether it’s having the privilege of working with Chef Alcocer or transforming the Graves House into a whimsical gourmet destination, our goal is to bring joyful concepts that will resonate with locals’ and travelers’ palates.”
Truly a Southern California beach town, Oceanside touts phenomenal weather year-round and pristine coasts peppered with charming bungalow neighborhoods. Upon completion, the Mission Pacific Hotel and The Seabird Resort will be conveniently located near the Oceanside Amtrak Station and a quick drive from buzzy attractions including the Oceanside Arts District, Safari Park, San Diego Zoo, and Disneyland.