Weekday Splash Camps Offered Starting June 14
Vista CA— The City of Vista’s Wave Waterpark announced today that it will reopen for weekend operations June 19 through September 6 on Saturdays and Sundays from noon – 5:00 p.m. Admission tickets to the Wave will go on sale on its website this week. Follow the Wave’s website, Instagram and Facebook accounts @thewavewaterpark for ticketing updates.
The reopening marks the first time since September 2019 that the waterpark has been able to welcome visitors due to the pandemic. The waterpark will operate with health and safety precautions in place, including:
- Patrons must wear a face covering when they are not in the water or cannot be safely 6 ft. from other visitors;
- No one should enter if, within the last 72 hours, they had a temperature of greater than 100.4°F, coughing, difficulty breathing, chills, shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or have been in close contact with any person with known COVID-19;
- It is recommended that visitors be vaccinated before entering the park;
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the park;
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected often;
- Tickets are sold online only at thewavewaterpark.com;
- Capacity limitations will be in effect.
This summer, the Wave will offer pre-packaged snacks and bottled drinks for sale. There are multiple food options near the waterpark and the Wave encourages patronizing these Vista businesses.
As State Covid-19 health and safety mandates are updated, the Wave will monitor guidelines and adjust accordingly.
Admission to the Wave is $22.95 for those over 42” and $17.95 for all others. Discounts for seniors and the military are available. Visitors age two and under enter for free.
Starting June 14, the Wave will begin its popular Splash Camps for ages 7-15, to be offered on weekdays this year from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Fees are $195 per camper per week with a $10 discount for Vista residents. Registration is open at thewavewaterpark.com.
For more information on the Wave Waterpark, visit thewavewaterpark.com or call (760) 940-9283.
About the Wave Waterpark
The Wave Waterpark celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2019 and is the City of Vista’s popular summertime attraction featuring a slide tower, flow rider, rip tide slide, floating river, competition pool, and spray park. Recognized for its extensive safety training programs and safety records, the Wave has been rated as a Five Star facility by Star Guard Elite, an industry organization providing comprehensive lifeguard training programs for the waterpark industry.