• Awards recognize local change makers committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
• Nominations open from nowto August 2
• Award winners to be announced at October 11 event
San Diego CA— From June 14 to August 2, RISE San Diego is accepting nominations for the 2021 Inclusive Leadership in Action (ILIA) Awards – RISE San Diego’s fifth annual celebration of leaders making a difference in the San Diego region. The awards will take place on Monday, October 11, 2021.
From a pool of community nominations, RISE’s 2021 honorees will be selected in the following categories:
- Collective Resilience Advocate: Honors an individual who has shown dedication and action to address and support a community’s ability to come together to combat or resist adverse circumstances. It recognizes the work of fostering adaptation, growth, and resiliency within communities to more readily respond to and recover from problems together.
- Community Change Agent: Honors an individual who has shown dedication and action to make real, sustainable, and systemic change through the creation of innovative programs, policy, platforms, or partnerships. It recognizes the work of assisting the community’s ability to thrive in areas such as education, social enterprise, health and wellness, or advocacy. Co-presented with the University of San Diego.
- Culture Shifter: Honors an individual who has shown dedication and action in shifting the culture of organizations and communities alike. It recognizes the effort of guiding groups to face a new challenge, disrupt outdated or harmful norms, and become more reflective and responsive to the needs of the communities they serve.
- Next-Gen Influencer (formerly Emerging Leader): Honors an individual between the ages of 16 and 25. It recognizes the voices of young adults who have shown dedication and action within their communities and are growing into their roles as action-driven thought leaders.
- Restorative Practitioner: Honors an individual who has shown dedication and action in fostering spaces of healing and compassion for others. It recognizes the commitment to restorative practices delivered with grace, empathy, and a strong ethic of care in support of diverse community groups.
- Anthony M. Medina People’s Champion: Honors an individual who has been an advocate and champion for under-served or marginalized communities. It recognizes advocacy in words and in action to bring about meaningful change for the people. The award is named in honor of the late Anthony M. Medina, a RISE Urban Leadership Fellow and ILIA award recipient, who founded People’s Legal Services to provide free and low-cost legal support to underserved communities.
- Organization for Change: Honors an organization that has shown dedication and action to confronting challenges and spearheading opportunities to support and uplift San Diegans in meaningful and impactful ways. It recognizes the efforts of organizations and their teams to deliver exceptional programming and services for the communities they serve.
RISE San Diego is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, which includes recognizing and empowering the next generation of leaders who are contributing those values to San Diego communities now and in the future.
To submit nominations for the 2021 ILIA awards please visit: risesandiego.org/ilia