Carlsbad CA— Living in San Diego, where summer almost feels like a year-long season, picnicking is a favorite past-time. July is National Picnic Month but we’re lucky enough to have some of the best weather and scenic spots in the world, so anytime is the right time to eat outdoors. There are three key steps when it comes to a successful picnic experience, listed in no specific order, here they are: food, location, and entertainment.
- Location: Let’s talk location. San Diego has an array of experiences to offer, such as beaches, parks, and hiking trails including, Sunset Cliffs, Balboa Park, or Torrey Pines. Elevate the experience with a crisp bottle of prosecco or your favorite beverage. Don’t forget to throw in a blanket, some pillows to set the scene. The prime time to head to the cliffs is during sunset, but be sure to give yourself time to set up and find the perfect spot. Now sit back, enjoy the company, the gourmet food, and gorgeous views.
- Food: Gelson’s has the food covered so you can focus on everything else. Their new Picnic Meals are available for one or two people and include:
- Picnic Meal for Two: Poached Atlantic Salmon, the Seared Ahi Tuna with Wasabi Sauce, and Pineapple-Teriyaki Salsa, the Chicken Romano, and more, along with gourmet side options. The Pie Hole strawberry lavender pastry bites are not to be missed.
- Picnic Lunch Bag for One: Prime Rib Sandwich, the Carved Turkey Breast Sandwich, the Croissant Sandwich, and others, as well as a choice of sides, cookies, or pastry bites for a sweet ending to the meal.
- Entertainment: Last but not least, entertainment can be a game-changer. If you’re with a group of people, then activities such as spike ball, bocce ball, horseshoes, or even cornhole can be good options. If you decided to fly solo, then get that playlist ready, toss your favorite book in the bag, and get lost in the wonders of a good narrative while being basking in the great outdoors.
Gelson’s picnic packages are available from the locations in Pacific Beach, Del Mar, and Carlsbad. They can be ordered in advance at gelsons.com with 48 hours notice.